POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tuesday Un-useless Code (73kb) : Tuesday Un-useless Code (73kb) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:17:22 EDT (-0400)
  Tuesday Un-useless Code (73kb)
From: Budgery
Date: 27 Apr 2004 11:10:00
Message: <web.408e779cdf483c22a1fd027f0@news.povray.org>
Now you can take any object that has a discreet inside and outside and make
a blob out of it.

This simple death-star, for an easy example, just a sphere with a smaller
sphere CSG'd out of it, and next to it, the blobified version.

This example took 94 seconds to parse, 12 seconds to render

640x480 AA 0.3
Blob resolution = 40
(200 million tokens parsed)

Check in the scenes group for the code.

Note: I'm using the web interface to post this.  If that causes headache for
anyone, I'm sorry.  I use the web interface to post and read, and I have no
problems at all.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'blobify.jpg' (72 KB)